On March 5th, 2018 the Canadian Centre for Food Integrity and Provision Coalition launched a new one-year program to tackle food loss + waste in Canadian manufacturing facilities and raise awareness of the issue.
- This cost-share program is available for 50 Canadian food and beverage manufacturers and will provide measurable solutions for the prevention and reduction of food loss + waste.
- Public trust research will explore consumer perceptions and attitudes towards food waste and lead an education and outreach campaign sharing research results, best practices, facility case studies, business tools and populating https://www.bestfoodfacts.org
- Based on employee numbers, manufacturers will receive between 50-85% cost reimbursement thanks to the Walmart Foundation on the total project value of $10,000
- Food loss + waste facility assessments conducted by an environmental engineering firm will identify 3 reduction opportunities within the facility
- Education and outreach for employees to help them think differently about food waste prevention and reduction
Utilization of Provision Coalition's tools:
- Food Loss + Waste Toolkit will assist in quantifying the environmental, social and financial benefits of implementing the identified solutions
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Dashboard will monitor and track progress and success
Read a Case Study